YOU ARE HERE: » Home » Notary Fees » Alabama (change)
Notary Fees: Alabama State Information
It is extremely important that when you start your notary business or seek out the services of a notary public, you understand the state requirements and laws regarding notary fees. In many states there is a maximum fee that a notary can charge for a notorial act and this may differ from service to service. As a notary public, you should use these fees to create your notary fee schedule that you will provide to clients. As someone seeking notary services, it is important to understand these prices to ensure you are getting a good value. Learn about specific state notary fees below.
Notary Fees in Alabama
Alabama Notary Public Application Fee
The Alabama notary application fee is $21.00.
Alabama Notary Public Renewal Fee
The Alabama notary renewal fee is $21.00.
Alabama Notary Public Bond Cost
In the state of Alabama, to become a notary public you will need a surety bond of $10,000.
Alabama Notary Public Fees: What a Notary Public Charges
In the state of Alabama, a notary public is entitled to the following fees:
- Services rendered in connection with a the protest of any bill of exchange for acceptance, any bill of exchange, any promissory note, check, or writing for payment- $1.50
- Any oath, certificate, or seal taken under subdivision (1) of Section 36-20-5 - $.50
- Copies from register - $.20 for each 100 words
- For any certificate or seal for above copies - $.25
- Giving any other certificate or affixing notary seal of office - $.50