YOU ARE HERE: » Home » Notary Fees » California (change)
Notary Fees: California State Information
It is extremely important that when you start your notary business or seek out the services of a notary public, you understand the state requirements and laws regarding notary fees. In many states there is a maximum fee that a notary can charge for a notorial act and this may differ from service to service. As a notary public, you should use these fees to create your notary fee schedule that you will provide to clients. As someone seeking notary services, it is important to understand these prices to ensure you are getting a good value. Learn about specific state notary fees below.
Notary Fees in California
California Notary Public Application Fee
The California notary application fee is $40.00.
California Notary Public Renewal Fee
The California notary renewal fee is $40.00.
California Notary Public Bond Cost
In the state of California, to become a notary public you will need a surety bond of $15,000.
California Notary Public Fees: What a Notary Public Charges
In the state of California, a notary public is entitled to the following fees:
- For taking an acknowledgment or proof of a deed, or other instrument, to include the seal and the writing of the certificate - $10.00
- For administering an oath or affirmation to one person and executing the Jurat - $10.00, add $10.00 if it includes the seal
- For all services rendered in connection with the taking of any deposition - $20.00
- For every protest for the nonpayment of a promissory note or for the nonpayment or non-acceptance of a bill of exchange, draft, or check - $20.00, with administering the oath to the witness, add $5.00, with the certificate to the deposition, add $5.00
- For serving every notice of nonpayment of a promissory note or of nonpayment or non-acceptance of a bill of exchange, order, draft, or check - $10.00
- For recording every protest - $5.00
- For certifying a copy of a power of attorney - $5.00
California Notary Classes
Everybody who signs pp for a Notary Class will receive a free downloadable study guide. Written especially for those without any previous notary experience or notary knowledge and includes step-by-step instructions and detailed explanations. Contains all of the information you need to know to become a notary public in California.
Sign Up for your California Notary Class!