YOU ARE HERE: » Home » Notary Fees » Montana (change)
Notary Fees: Montana State Information
It is extremely important that when you start your notary business or seek out the services of a notary public, you understand the state requirements and laws regarding notary fees. In many states there is a maximum fee that a notary can charge for a notorial act and this may differ from service to service. As a notary public, you should use these fees to create your notary fee schedule that you will provide to clients. As someone seeking notary services, it is important to understand these prices to ensure you are getting a good value. Learn about specific state notary fees below.
Notary Fees in Montana
Montana Notary Public Application Fee
The Montana notary application fee is $25.00.
Montana Notary Public Renewal Fee
The Montana notary renewal fee is $25.00.
Montana Notary Public Bond Cost
In the state of Montana, to become a notary public you will need a surety bond of $10,000.
Montana Notary Public Fees: What a Notary Public Charges
In the state of Montana, a notary public is entitled to the following fees:
- For drawing an affidavit, deposition, or other paper - $3.50 a page
- Acknowledgment or proof of a deed or other instrument, including the seal and the writing of the certificate: first signature - $5.00; for each additional signature of the same person - $1.00
- An oath or affirmation - $5.00
- For certifying an affidavit, with or without seal, including oath - $5.00
- Traveling - at the discretion of the notary public