YOU ARE HERE: » Home » Notary Fees » Washington (change)
Notary Fees: Washington State Information
It is extremely important that when you start your notary business or seek out the services of a notary public, you understand the state requirements and laws regarding notary fees. In many states there is a maximum fee that a notary can charge for a notorial act and this may differ from service to service. As a notary public, you should use these fees to create your notary fee schedule that you will provide to clients. As someone seeking notary services, it is important to understand these prices to ensure you are getting a good value. Learn about specific state notary fees below.
Notary Fees in Washington
Washington Notary Public Application Fee
The Washington notary application fee is $21.00.
Washington Notary Public Renewal Fee
The Washington notary renewal fee is $21.00.
Washington Notary Public Bond Cost
In the state of Washington, to become a notary public you will need a surety bond of $10,000.
Washington Notary Public Fees: What a Notary Public Charges
In the state of Washington, a notary public is entitled to the following fees:
- Witnessing or attesting a signature - $10.00
- Taking acknowledgment or verification upon oath or affirmation - $10.00
- Certifying or attesting a copy - $10.00
- Receiving or noting a protest of a negotiable instrument - $10.00
- Being present at demand, tender, or deposit, and noting the same - $10.00
- Administering an oath or affirmation - $10.00
- Certifying that an event has occurred or an act has been performed - $10.00