YOU ARE HERE: » Home » Notary Fees » West Virginia (change)
Notary Fees: West Virginia State Information
It is extremely important that when you start your notary business or seek out the services of a notary public, you understand the state requirements and laws regarding notary fees. In many states there is a maximum fee that a notary can charge for a notorial act and this may differ from service to service. As a notary public, you should use these fees to create your notary fee schedule that you will provide to clients. As someone seeking notary services, it is important to understand these prices to ensure you are getting a good value. Learn about specific state notary fees below.
Notary Fees in West Virginia
West Virginia Notary Public Application Fee
The West Virginia notary application fee is $21.00.
West Virginia Notary Public Renewal Fee
The West Virginia notary renewal fee is $21.00.
West Virginia Notary Public Bond Cost
In the state of West Virginia, to become a notary public you will need a surety bond of $10,000.
West Virginia Notary Public Fees: What a Notary Public Charges
In the state of West Virginia, a notary public is entitled to the following fees:
- Witnessing or attesting a signature - $10.00
- Taking acknowledgment or verification upon oath or affirmation - $10.00
- Certifying or attesting a copy - $10.00
- Receiving or noting a protest of a negotiable instrument - $10.00
- Being present at demand, tender, or deposit, and noting the same - $10.00
- Administering an oath or affirmation - $10.00
- Certifying that an event has occurred or an act has been performed - $10.00